The Dance Gallery presents “Dancing in TV Land”
Dress Rehearsal and Recital Venue
We are SO excited to see our dancers SHINE on the big stage at our upcoming 2023 Recital, “Dancing in TV Land”!
Raymond E Hartfield Performing Arts Center
5800 McNeil Drive, Austin, TX 78729 (Across from McNeil HS)
Click here for a map
Dress Rehearsals will be held on Thursday, June 8th at the Raymond E Hartfield Performing Arts Center. All dancers must arrive in costume ready to perform 15 minutes before their scheduled rehearsal time. It is REQUIRED that your dancer attends dress rehearsal. Dress rehearsal is imperative, not only to their success, but for the other dancers too. They need to be familiar with the stage and understand entering and exiting instructions from the wings. We are not rehearsing the dances in “show order”. Bring all costumes, their dance bag and all dance shoes, and label everything! Once you arrive at the performing arts center, please come into the auditorium, and sit with your child’s class. If you arrive late and miss their dance, we WILL NOT be able to do it again because of time restraints, so please plan ahead. We limit the number of family members allowed to attend dress rehearsal to ONE supervising adult per dancer. You may take pictures and video of your dancer on stage during dress rehearsal only (not during the recital). ***After your child’s class has rehearsed on stage, they will head to the lobby for group pictures – even if you do not plan on purchasing one. We frame group pictures of all classes for the studio!
The Dance Gallery presents – “Dancing in TV Land”
June 9th at 7pm and June 10th at 1pm and 6pm
Recital Fee, Tickets, Digital Video
- All attendees will need a wristband to enter the auditorium. Your recital fee paid in Feb. includes 4 tickets (wristbands)/dancer. If you need additional wristbands, more will be available for $10/each the last week of classes or at the door the day of recital.
- Our recitals are professionally videotaped by Sharpshooters Video Productions. Your recital fee also includes a FREE digital copy of each show! You may still purchase a DVD if you prefer from Sharpshooter’s website.
On the recital day all dancers must arrive in costume 30 minutes before their show time. Dancers will report backstage and follow the signs to their waiting area. All younger dancers (Combo, Creative Movement, Tot’s Hip Hop Bop and Hip Hop I ages 5-7) will need to check in with the stage mom in the green room. You will sign your child in with their stage mom(s) no more than 30 minutes before show time and then take a seat in the auditorium. Older dancers (Technique Level I-V) will find their assigned dressing room. The auditorium will open for seating 30 minutes before show time. No one other than staff or parent volunteers will be allowed in the auditorium before this time. You will not be allowed to attend the show without a wristband. Wristbands are good for all 3 shows.
Audience Etiquette and After Show Pick-up Procedures
In order for the show to run smoothly and professionally, we request that you do not get up and down during the show. It is very disruptive to other parents and takes away from the performance atmosphere for all dancers. If you must leave your seat, please do so in between dances or during intermission (evening shows only).
- All shows will have an intermission.
- All Creative Movement, Combo I and Combo II classes may be picked up in the green room at this time. However, if you choose to pick up your dancer at intermission, they may NOT participate in the Curtain Call at the end of the show. These younger dancers may enter the auditorium to watch the rest of the show with a parent after changing out of their costume.
- All technique Level I-V dancers are expected to remain backstage until the end of the show.
- All Combo, Creative Movement, Tot’s Hip Hop Bop and Hip Hop I ages 5-7 dancers will need to be signed out of the green room with their stage mom.
- Dancers in the dressing rooms are to meet their parents in the lobby after the show. No friends or family members will be allowed backstage.
Programs will be on sale at the desk the last week of classes for $5. You receive 2 free copies with purchase of an ad.
If you have any questions about dress rehearsal or recital, PLEASE ASK!!! It is our goal that the whole recital process runs as smoothly as possible and is a very rewarding experience to both the dancer and his/her fans! We are looking forward to celebrating our 13th recital with you and your family!
Christine Hayes – Owner/Director
The Dance Gallery Instructors – Amber, Anna, Antonette, Ashley, Francis, Kaylee, Lindsey Jo, Staci, Stephanie, Tiffany, Tori