COVID-19 (coronavirus) Safety Protocols
Risk Related to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. The Dance Gallery (TDG) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, TDG cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19 and parents assume any and all risk associated when registering and acknowledging the online liability waiver at the time of registration. Below are the following safety protocols that will be enforced and followed at TDG.
- Temperature checks at the door for both students and staff. No one will be allowed to enter with a temperature of 100 or higher.
- Masks are required to enter the building and must be worn in the common areas (lobby, hallways, boutique and bathrooms). It is at the discretion of the dancer whether a mask will be worn during physical activity inside each studio. If dancers are wearing a mask during dance class they must inform their teacher if they are becoming over heated or short of breath so they can take a break.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided before and after class.
- Parents must remain outside of the studio while their children are in dance class (exception is for parents with children ages 5 and under). Staff will be available to escort younger dancers to and from class.
- Social distancing is required throughout the studio. The dance floor is marked accordingly to allow dancers enough space to move adequately but still keep 6 feet apart. Therefore, class sizes are smaller and very limited.
- Class start times have been staggered to limit the number of individuals entering and exiting at the same time.
- Technique levels have been placed in the same studio each day to avoid dancers needing to switch studios in between classes.
- Dancers will not be allowed to wait in the lobby before, after or in-between classes. A staff member will begin allowing dancers inside the building 5 minutes before class time. Please be on time to pick up your children.
- The water fountain is temporarily closed. Dancers should bring a labeled water bottle to class.
- Bioshield 75 has been applied to all touchable surfaces at the studio. This is a non-toxic solution – an antimicrobial biostatic surface protectant which lasts several months. In addition, the studio will be cleaned and sanitized throughout each day.
- While we enjoy high fives and hugs at the end of class, for now we will forgo any physical contact with our students.
- If you are new to TDG and would like a studio tour, you must call to schedule an appointment.
- If you would like to shop in our dance boutique, you must also schedule an appointment to enter.
***If you’re not ready to send your dancer to class with other students we are offering both private lessons at the studio and online on Zoom. Please email the studio to schedule.